If you are a healthcare provider, it is almost inevitable that you will have to navigate through denials and payer audits. However, there are certain practices that can be implemented to better manage your denials, improve your claim quality, help you manage and track the challenges of audits, and reduce the overall chances of an audit and manage those you must undergo. If you don't know these best practices already, how could you?
On Thursday, June 7th at 11 AM EST, Etactics and Medical Record Associates will be hosting a webinar, Are Denials and Payer Audits still impacting your bottom line? Join host Ray Dalessandro, Etactics' Regional Sales Manager, and special guest, Charlie Saponaro, the CEO of Medical Record Associates, as they discuss the intricacies involved with denial management and payer audits.
Topics we'll will cover include...
- Identifying various Payer Auditors conducting audits and the current content trends within those audits
- Best practices for improving claim quality and reducing chances of an audit
- Best practices for managing and tracking the challenges of audits on an enterprise-wide basis
- Discussing which denials are the most preventable and what feedback and/or data can be communicated back to the original source
- Which types of denials have the greatest potential for overturning and where you should spend your time and resources
- How to determine the success of your organization in overturning denials and to measure your success against peers or similar entities
- Report on current denial trends by payer and by denial code and discuss the impact they may have on your organization
Charlie is the CEO of Medical Record Associates (MRA), one of the largest Health Information Service companies in the US. MRA has been providing ROI, Coding, Cancer registry and other HIM services for over 30 years. Prior to MRA, Charlie was part of the ArchivesOne management team where he lead the expansion of the company into 18 US markets with over 8 million boxes in storage, making them the
third largest records management company in the United States before being acquired by Iron Mountain in May of 2007.Prior to ArchivesOne, Charlie worked in private equity locally where he played a key role in the financing and growing of several US based companies. Mr. Saponaro holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Vermont and lives in Massachusetts with his wife and two daughters.
Ray has been with Etactics for 12 years and is a Regional Sales Manager for Etactics. His primary focus is guiding our clients to the proper services for various Revenue Cycle Technology solutions within the EDI Clearinghouse and Denial Management areas. Ray was instrumental in the launch of the AppealsPlus solution for Denial Management and has presented at various MGMA and HFMA events on this topic. Ray has over 25 years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle and Workflow experience. Prior to his roles with Etactics, he was an Account Executive for the RR Donnelley Healthcare Document Solutions Group.